Household managers keep the day-to-day operations of a home running smoothly. They are the planners, coordinators, and helpers for today’s busy families. Large households with complicated scheduling needs, or smaller families who want to focus on spending more time with their children or career professionals who need to devote an enormous amount of time towards their business will discover an invaluable ally in a private household manager. Leave the stress of your successful business at your workplace. You can devote yourself to your loving family and beautiful home – and pass off its upkeep to your personal household manager.
Families who retain nannies, governesses, or mother’s helpers will find a household manager job description orchestrates the responsibilities of other household staff as well as the needs of the family itself. A household manager takes the worry out of planning events, or handling the administration of monthly expenses. Using a household staffing agency allows you to find the best candidate for your needs and develop a household manager job description to match.
Private household managers are responsible for overseeing the general operations of a home. A household manager job description and duties will vary depending on the size of the family, as well as the other staff the family retains. However, expectations may include:
- Managing the household’s schedules and calendars
- Event planning, organizing, and coordination
- Arranging appointments for personal and professional needs
- Scheduling home maintenance and repair work, and supervising the project
- Handling household bills and administrative duties
- Running errands and performing necessary tasks
- Supervision of other household staff, such as housekeepers, private chefs, nannies or governesses
- Shopping for food, supplies, and other requested items
Depending on the size of a family and their requirements, private household manager positions may be called upon to fulfill other needs, such as:
Oversight of an employer’s finances and valuables