Registered childminders look after one or more children under the age of 8. Always minimum of 3 hours per visit. They do this in a domestic setting (normally their own home) for payment.
Registered childminders are inspected by Zivnostensky odbor. Registered childminders are usually self-employed and run their own business.
Although every day will be different, a childminder’s typical day may include:
- visiting a park, museum, library or playgroup
- arranging fun and stimulating learning activities, such as dressing-up, creative play, reading, and celebrating cultural events from around the world
- providing meals and snacks for the children, involving them in food preparation and menu choices
- taking children to and from school or clubs
- working with other local childminders to organise group activities.
Childminding is a dynamic and evolving career so, once you’ve got your new business up and running, there are plenty of courses and training opportunities that will develop your knowledge and confidence.